At the heart of Burford Wellbeing is the Burford Body. By having a strong Burford Body, our children are well equipped with the tools to manage their mental and emotional wellbeing.
At Burford, we are committed to supporting the emotional and physical health and wellbeing of our pupils, staff and wider community by ensuring that everyone feels listened to and understood and receives appropriate and on-going support to improve their mental health.
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and unique
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer different levels of support:
Universal Support- To meet the needs of all our pupils through our PHSE lessons, wider curriculum and school values.
Additional support- For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
Targeted support- For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions.