Burford School is delighted to offer a teacher led nursery setting for children who turn four during the academic year.
- A Teacher led setting supported by a Teaching Assistant.
- Small class size (maximum 26 in a session).
- We follow the Foundation Stage Curriculum and as such offer activities including, but not limited to, art and craft, cookery, computer, sand and water play, painting and music. Additionally we offer daily literacy and numeracy games as this assists the children with their transition into Reception. In the summer term we also offer Forest School.
- Access to their own fully enclosed garden with a wealth of play resources.
- A chance to mix socially with the same group of children that they will be in Reception with (if they are allocated a place at Burford School.)
- An opportunity to join in with whole school events and use wider school facilities.
Research* has demonstrated that a Teacher led environment for Rising 4’s offers an improved educational outcome and smoothes the transition into Reception. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-45114633
Every child is entitled to 15 hours of free education each week funded by the local authority. In addition, some parents may be entitled to claim a further 15 hours each week provided they meet criteria specified by the government.
Where a child attends more sessions than their free weekly entitlement, each additional session will be charged at £18.00. A session is a morning or afternoon.
Children that stay for lunch need to bring a packed lunch and an additional £3.00 is charged.
The Nursery is currently open during term time, 5 days per week from 08:50-15:20 and follows the Burford School Holidays and Inset Days.
Visiting the Nursery
We will be holding prospective parent visit sessions to the Nursery, dates will be posted here soon.
Once posted, if you would like to attend one of these events, please contact the school office by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01628 486655 to reserve a place.
If you are unable to make any of our open sessions, please contact the school office to arrange another adhoc visit.
To apply please complete and submit the Nursery Application Form below.
Unfortunately a place at our Nursery does not guarantee the offer of a school place, as school places are allocated by the local authority and we have no influence on this process.
* e.g. Suttons Trust / Save The Children ‘Light Up Young Brains’