Always be careful when you are using the internet. It can help you to keep in touch with your friends and help your education – but it can also cause harm – to you and to others.
Remember help is always available at school if you are having any problems online.
Don’t be afraid to talk to your teacher or another adult at school.
If you or anyone you know is worried about Child Exploitation, Online Protection or anything related to Internet safety please click the link which will take you to the CEOP reporting website.
When using the internet, remember to Zip it, Block it, Flag it.
Resources for parents and children:
Tips for staying safe online for children:
- Make sure you keep new online friends strictly online. If someone you don't know asks to be your online friend you must ensure an adult knows about it.
- Know how to use the CEOP Button and how to report it to the CEOP Centre if you are concerned about someone’s online behaviour towards you.
Tips for parents - How to keep your children safe online:
- Have parental controls set where necessary
- Start conversations with your children about what they are doing online
- Set boundaries, routines and rules around devices early
- Check history and content regularly to ensure your child is using their device and the internet safely
- Use the PEGI ratings on games
- Stick to age restrictions on apps and websites
- Use Net Aware to check which apps are best and stay up to date with current popular apps your child may be using
If your child views or hears something which may be upsetting, click here for advice on how to support them.